Ultrasonic Leak DetectorLocate costly
leaks in your compressed air system!
What is the Ultrasonic Leak Detector?
The Ultrasonic Leak Detector (ULD) is a hand-held, high quality instrument that can locate costly leaks in a compressed air system. A person using the ULD need only aim it in the direction of a suspected leak. When a leak is present, an audible tone can be heard with the use of the headphones, and the LED display will light. Testing the various unions, pipes, valves and fittings of a complete installation can be done quickly and effectively at distances up to 20' (6.1m) away!
Why the Ultrasonic Leak Detector?
Plants that aren’t maintained can easily waste up to 30% of the compressor output through leaks that go undetected. Compressing air is an expensive operation. Saving the wasted compressed air reduces overall operating costs. In large plants, the cost of a small air leak may be insignificant, but many small leaks when located and repaired can amount to huge energy savings.
What is Ultrasound?
Ultrasonic sound is a range of sound that is above human hearing capacity. Most people can hear frequencies from 20 Hz to 20 kHz. Sound from 20 kHz to 100 kHz can not be heard and is called “ultrasonic”. The Model 9061 Ultrasonic Leak Detector converts ultrasonic sound emissions to a range that is audible by people. (The sound generated by the ULD is 32 times lower in frequency than the sound that is received.)
- Detects any pressurized air leak up to 20 feet (6.1m) away
- Converts ultrasound to an audible frequency
- LED display confirms the leak location
- Detects leaks in noisy industrial environments
- Sensitivity controls provide accurate detection
- Not affected by contaminants or windy conditions
- Includes accessories to detect leaks in hard to reach areas
- Rugged carrying case
- Meets ASTM standards
- Locates leaks in air, steam and non-flammable gas systems including pipes, fittings, valves, cylinders and pressure vessels
- Finds the source of bearing and gear wear
- Locates arcing in an electrical system
- Detects refrigeration and air conditioning system leaks
- Locates leaks in brake systems, tubes, tires and radiators
- Senses cracks in moving rubber v-belts
- Detects leaks in vacuum systems
- Check condition of engine seals